Monday, April 1, 2013

It’s April and that means it’s National Poetry Month.  I started this challenge in 2011, writing a poem each day based on a prompt.  I enjoyed it so much that I continued it.  I have not always reached the goal of producing work each day, but return to the challenge each April.  I love the creativity that it inspires and for me, since I do not consider myself a poet, it’s fun to step outside of what’s comfortable.  It has also become a way of meditating, spending dedicated time each day to write something new.  So again, this April, I begin again with the same goal: poem a day (PAD).

From
Poetic Asides: For today’s prompt, write a new arrival poem. The new arrival could be a baby or a person. The new arrival might be a car or other piece of technology. Heck, the new arrival might be an idea or poem.

...starting with a
tanka this year:

new love has a way
like an unexpected guest
to crash life’s moments
now the life of the party
happy you opened the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home