Thursday, April 8, 2010

I will post this poem later today, but I wanted to place the prompt here now.

For today's prompt, pick a tool, make that the title of your poem, and write your poem. There are the more obvious tools, of course: hammer, screwdriver, wrench, etc. But there also less obvious tools and/or specialized tools available as well.

Or just write a love poem to an inanimate object, your computer, shoes, bed, bicycle, etc.

I spent the evening with friends for dinner at Farmer Brown in SF (www.farmerbrownsf.com) and then checked out my girl's show, Ungrateful Daughter. (http://birthproject.wordpress.com/ungrateful-daughter/).


I really enjoyed the show and look forward to more art, love, and connection in the upcoming days. I have a homework assignment since I did not write today's poem, but am posting the first poem that I ever wrote and kept.

you never knew it
but i was head over heels in fear of you.
you.
everytime you called when you said you would.
everytime you brought me flowers
to brighten my day.
everytime you touched me
and i shook with fear
but feigned coolness.

bogey man in the dark.
the monster under my bed
the haunted house i would not walk by.

the fear that someday
i'd look up and expect everyone
to be who you were
to be like you
choked me.

and that i could not have.
so i found no place
for you in my life
and you never knew it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home