Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy April Fool’s Day.  I hope you were not duped today.  We kick off National Poetry Month with a Poem-A-Day and I will post my work here.  


From Robert Lee Brewer, Poetic Asides:  “And so it begins! Today is the first day of the 5th annual April PAD (Poem-A-Day) Challenge on Poetic Asides.  For today’s prompt, write a
communication poem.  The communication could be dialogue between two (or more people); a postcard correspondence; a letter; a voicemail; a text message; a series of tweets; or whatever. Heck, I guess a poem is a form of communication–so there’s really no way to screw up today’s prompt.”

Since it’s the first day, I chose a tanka since it insures a short poem and just 31 syllables.


the sound of your voice,
[like a nightingale’s talons
on my heart’s chalkboard]
you craft dusty clever lies
i’m armed with fresh erasers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home