Tuesday, April 13, 2010

For today's prompt, "write a love poem or write an anti-love poem."

I chose love.

I'm afraid, however, that I don't have anything. I start and stop, start and stop. So, I'm going to rest on it and see if any inspiration results from a time out.
I think it's funny that I couldn't think of anything last night and this morning, I wrote this in about 30 minutes. This poem a day process is interesting at best.

breathless and dizzy
you’re coloring within my lines
blurring the boundaries of where i end
violating long standing treaties
of autonomy and independence
indifference
you just appeared
talking and listening
insatiable listening
like you had a tape worm
could not get enough
of me.

my first love high
and now addicted
fiending for any piece of you
a call text the sight of you my next hit
reminders everywhere of you
seeing myself for the first time
making me wonder
if my life before you
was even living.

breathless and dizzy
pulse racing calm
grounded centered yet
flying high enough to see god
and the infinite color
within my lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home