Thursday, April 15, 2010

Here’s the prompt for April 14, 2010.

From the Poetic Asides Blog: Take the phrase "(blank) Island," replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write the poem. You could do a well-known island, such as "Treasure Island," "Ellis Island," or "Total Drama Island." Or you could make up the name of an island. Or you could even have a long drawn out title, such as "You'll never get me on an island" or "If I were on a deserted island."

Here’s a trio of tankas dedicated to the theme.

Paradise Island

walking between palms
on a faraway island
beneath a full moon
i feel alive by your side.
i know that i am in love.

render me helpless
hold me in your loving arms
kiss me tenderly
move me to another place
watch me burst with abject joy.

it has been too long
since i last held you tightly
since i last kissed you
this reality must change
my island dreams will not do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home